CONSULTANCY FOR THE PROVISION OF A PRE-START UP HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL READINESS REVIEW FOR THE GAS PROCESSING AND DISTRIBUTION PIPELINE NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE OF THE GHANA NATIONAL GAS COMPANY (GNGC)
CONTRACT # : GNGC/PS/0023/13
The Ghana National Gas Company (GNGC)intends to use part of its budgetary allocation to secure the services of eligible Consulting Firms for the Provision of a Pre-StartUp Health, Safety, and Environmental Readiness Review for its new Gas Processing and Pipeline Infrastructure with associated assets in the Western Region of Ghana.
The Ghana National Gas Company (GNGC) is a wholly owned State Company. Presently, it is undertaking the Construction and Installation of a Gas Processing Plant, Pipelines and other associated assets, in order to leverage gas production from its existing offshore Jubilee Field (owned and operated by others).
2.0 OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
To conduct a Pre-Start Up Health, Safety, and Environmental Readiness Review (PSHSER) of the designated facilities in order to determine if the facilities are in compliance with all national and local health, safety and environmental standards; that the facilities meet international best practices. It is key that Ghana Gas is able to conduct the following safely and in an environmentally compliant manner:
• Start up facility operations;
• Shut down facility operations as necessary;
• Ensure local facilities and surrounding areas remain in a safe condition during start up, operations, and shut down.
3.0 THE INFRASTRUCTURE INCLUDES:
The owner wishes to enter into an arrangement with a firm which will be mandated with the operations and maintenance including training on the:
- Off Shore Gas Export Pipeline: A 12” ø 58km long Subsurface Pipeline to transport dense phase gas to the location of the Gas Processing Plant near Atuabo
- Gas Processing Plant Complex
- Gas Inlet Separator
- Gas Dehydration Unit
- Gas Hydrocarbon Dew Point Control Unit
- LPG Recovery Unit
- On Site Storage Tanks for LPG and Stabilized Condensates,
- On site utilities package, including water treatment system, firefighting system, flare system, drainage system, and black start diesel generation unit and nitrogen distribution system.
- An onsite combustion turbine will also be installed to produce electricity using iso-pentane/condensate mixtures as fuel.
- On shore Gas Pipeline: A 20” ø 111km main pipeline which will transport the processed gas from the Gas Processing Plant at Atuabo to the Thermal Power Plant at Aboadze. A 20” ø 78km lateral pipeline will transport the processed gas from Esiama to the future power plant at Prestea.
- LPG Gantry located 2.5km from the Plant at Atuabo.
- NGLs loading and Export System: LPG pipeline from the Gas Processing Plant at Atuabo to Domunli. The export system includes an off shore CALM buoy and associated facilities.
The purpose of the PSHSER is to evaluate the readiness of the pipeline and facilities to conduct start up operations, shut down operations, and sustained operations
in compliance with all applicable Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) standards and best practices.
The scope of services of this assignment is to conduct a PSHSER for a Gas Processing Plant and Distribution Pipeline Network. The scope includes but is not limited to:
• Review and inspect equipment, safety equipment, walking and working surfaces, security, and access to controls, to ensure that all HSE requirements and other applicable company and regulatory standards have been met.
• Verify that sufficient measures are in place to prevent or mitigate the consequences of equipment failure or process upsets.
• Review and inspect equipment and permits to ensure that the equipment and planned operating procedures meet all requirements of applicable permits, company practices and state and federal environmental regulations.
• Review the HAZOP that was performed to verify that recommendations have either been resolved or implemented.
• Review all human-machine interfaces for proper coordination or interaction with personnel.
• Inspect equipment, vessels and piping to ensure that facilities are ready to operate safely and all required procedures are in place, and that the appropriate training has been completed.
• Review and inspect emergency equipment and emergency response plans to ensure that required equipment and plans are in place, adequate and functioning properly.
• Review all applicable codes, standards and good engineering standards to ensure compliance.
• Provide substantive recommendations for improvement to design, procedures, or personnel to ensure compliance with all HSE standards and best practices.
GNGC’s expectation is that the firm to provide these services shall place the highest emphasis on Health, Safety and the Environmental compliance in carrying out the review.
Interested Consulting Firms with the requisite capacity and experience must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments in conducting such reviews, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skill among staff to execute this assignment, etc.).
Interested Consulting Firms shall provide the following document as part of their EOI submissions;
- Legal status of the firm.
- Capability Statement from the firm.
- Representative Key Personnel
- Provide information and evidence of similar services, this must include experience in conducting similar reviews for a Gas Processing Plant and Distribution Pipeline Network Infrastructure or similar facilities in the last five years.
Interested Consulting firms may obtain further information from the Head of Procurement, on Tel. No. : 00-233-302-744207 between 8.30am and 4.30pm (Monday – Friday) or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of Interests and supplementary documents (one original and four copies), all in English, should be placed in a sealed envelope clearly marked “CONSULTANCY FOR THE PROVISION OF A PRE-START UP HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL READINESS REVIEW FOR THE GAS PROCESSING PLANT AND DISTRIBUTION PIPELINE NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE OF THE GHANA NATIONAL GAS COMPANY (GHANA GAS)” addressed to (I) below:
(I) THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
GHANA NATIONAL GAS COMPANY
P. O. BOX CT. 3686, CANTONMENTS, ACCRA.
TEL NO.: 00-233-302-744211/12
Submissions will be no longer than ten (10) pages to include cover letter and supplementary documents. All documents will be delivered to the Procurement Department of Ghana Gas located at the No. 10 Drake Avenue, Airport Residential Area, Airport, Accra on or before 1100 Hours GMT on Tuesday, 12th November 2013. Late submissions shall not be accepted.
Only short-listed Consulting firms shall be issued with Request for Proposals (RFP) documents.