Chief Executive Officer
Engineering and Maintenance, Health Safety Security Environment (HSSE), Quality Assurance/ Quality Control (QAQC), Construction Management andProject Controls
Shall be responsible for the safe and effective delivery of technical services for existing Gas Processing Plant, Pipelines & Stations and ancillary facilities of the Company. As a key member of the management team, the General Manager of Technical Services is expected to make significant contribution to the Operations, Commercial, and Financial and Human Resource affairs of the Company at both strategic and operational levels.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Overall responsibilities for managing, directing, and ensuring safe technical services delivery of new Projects including Engineering and Maintenance of the existing gas facilities.
- Manage, supervise and coordinate the day-to-day provision of technical services to the existing gas facilities, including Engineering, Maintenance, Health Safety Security Environment (HSSE), Quality Assurance/ Quality Control (QA/QC).
- Provide overall administrative planning, direction, and policies to direct reports, assuring the highest quality technical services.
- Shall liaise with General Manager Operations to investigate, analyze and resolve operational and technical problems and Complaints.
- Conduct periodic Technical staff meetings to discuss procedures, problems and policy changes.
- To know and ensure that all codes and standards, policies, procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules/ regulations and emergency procedures are followed by personnel.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance schedules, emergency procedures, safety and risk management policies in compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Implement and manage of a safe working environment by aligning with corporate safety rules and regulations, and ensuring a culture of safety.
- Direct the activities of operations/technical staff to ensure safe and efficient delivery of projects, interconnections, pipeline capacities, manifolds, and other equipment.
- Carry out overall supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable regulations.
- Select, develop, coach, train and motivate staff to ensure attainment of short and long-term growth objectives.
- Direct Senior Managers within the Technical Services Division in the discharge of their duties. Provide leadership to all technical staff.
- Build a strong, technically oriented team. Provide strong problem solving leadership during plant start-up and drive sense of urgency across all cross-functional team.
- Keep senior management appraised with the status of all technical activities through monthly progress report.
- Accountable for overall gas facilities performance in safety, processing, quality, service level, material management, expenses and capital.
- Administer and monitor the budget including allocating resources and approving expenditures within Company’s Board approved delegation of authority.
- ProvidetechnicaladviceandsupporttoContracts development. Handlenewprojectsandmodificationsofexistinggas facilitiestoensuresafety, reliabilityand high production.
- Manage the execution of contractual obligations. (EPC contract, Lump Sum Contract, Unit Price Contract,Cost PlusContract,Incentive Contracts, Percentage of ConstructionFee Contracts). Developproject/ contractscopes andproject cost estimates.
- Create technical organization to handle projects from the initial concept stages, to the execution stages.
- Review status reports of Senior Managers within the Technical Services Division and address issues as appropriate.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned from time to time by CEO.
- Design, implement and lead policy directions in all areas under the under the Operations functions and as determined by the CEO from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university engineering, plus a Masters/Diploma in Engineering/ Business.
- 15years with at least 5years in Senior managerial role
- Experience in the oil and gas industry will be an advantage
- Demonstrated experience in EPCC of Gas Plant and Pipelines Projects.
- Demonstrated experience in Safety Standards and Quality Standards
- Demonstrate understanding of procurement and contracting and contract management
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and result-orientations.
Interested applicants should submit their applications, indicating the position being applied for, by e-mail with Curriculum Vitae, Application letter, contact telephone numbers and e-mail address to:
Email address: email@example.com
The Office of the Chief Executive Officer
Ghana National Gas Company
P.O. Box CT 3686
Cantonments, Accra - Ghana
Tel: +233 (0)30 274 4224