General Manager, Procurement & Logistics
Procurement & Logistics
Chief Executive Officer
Procurement & Logistics
The General Manager, Procurement & Logistics is responsible for the management of the procurement & logistics function. The General Manager shall be responsible for the development and maintenance of a robust commercial control framework for procurement and logistics activities in Ghana Gas. Provides direction to the business on procurement standards and procedures for developing and executing contracting strategies, including advertising, evaluating, placing and managing contracts to comply with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act, Act 663 (2003), and as amended through process controls at all stages of the Tendering process.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Development of Tools, Procedures and Controls
- Make input into policy of the procurement and logistics function at Ghana Gas.
- Develop procurement and logistics guidelines, design systems that enable the P & L Team to most effectively deliver services to its internal and external stakeholders.
- Organize in-house workshop/training for P&L personnel and Suppliers, Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers to promote compliance with the Public Procurement guidelines and procedures.
- Develop and implement appropriate contract management tools for efficient management of contracts.
- Design inventory planning and control tools to guide operations at the warehouse.
- Develop a Transport Policy for Ghana Gas.
- Establish and ensure effective operation of the Entity Tender Committee (ETC).
- Prepare reports to Board, Management and other oversight bodies.
- Develop and manage of a database of Suppliers, Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers and ensure it is regularly appraised.
- Research and Market Analysis
- Analyze the nature of the supply market, from the perspectives of how it is segmented, local/regional/global coverage.
- Accurately capture, evaluate and shape demand for goods, works and services from the business, including desired technical and service specifications.
- Continue to work with businesses on an on-going basis to understand how internal and external demand changes over time and adjusts tactics to reflect those changing circumstances.
- Identifies appropriate “Go to market” sourcing strategy (e.g. sole source, limited tender, price quotation, risk allocation to contractor), and the associated tactics required to successfully achieve the strategy, in compliance with the Public Procurement Act, Act 663 (2003).
- Coordination of Procurement & Logistics Activities for Management Decision making
- Prepare robust written reports for the review and approval by the Board and Oversight bodies.
- Lead all the end to end management interactions between GNGC and new or existing
- Suppliers, Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers, in order to optimize the value of
- services delivered to both parties.
- Provide relevant update to management on trends and concept that drive efficiency and cost
- effectiveness within the supply chain, in compliance with Act 663 (2003) and as amended.
- Influence project concept or other business requirements based on market capabilities.
- People Management and Organization
- Develop and implement the strategic direction for the Procurement Department.
- Supervise and develop team members to ensure the maximization of their potentials.
- Develop and implement procurement & logistics key performance indicators (KPIs) for both internal.
- and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that the procurement & logistics function is appropriately skilled for current & future needs.
- and seamlessly connected with the business to achieve appropriate technical, commercial and HSE outcomes.
- Promote and encourage ethical behavior and transparency amongst procurement & logistics team.
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports through effective planning, delegation,
- communication, training, mentoring and coaching.
- Establish and maintain a system that fosters a culture of teamwork, employee empowerment.
- and commitment to corporate and divisional goals.
- Promote gender balance and equity amongst procurement & logistics team.
- Transaction processing
- Provide leadership, coordinate and conduct ethical negotiation with Suppliers, Contractors,
- Consultants and Service Providers based on thorough research on the competitive positions of the respective parties.
- Manage the key elements of the procurement process ensuring Suppliers, Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers are pre-qualified as appropriate and ensure the timely delivery of goods, works and services.
- Monitor all contracts over their lifespan and ensure timely delivery of items and services.
- Develop and implement a disposal system for surplus, expired, damaged and obsolete items materials and equipment for GNGC.
- Implement control measures at the warehouse to safeguard the resources at Ghana Gas.
- Manage the logistics activities to ensure cost saving and prolong use of vehicles and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements of Act 663 (2003) and as amended.
Design, implement and lead policy directions in all areas under the under the Procurement and Logistics functions and as determined by the CEO from time to time.
- Master’s Degree in relevant discipline plus a professional and or practicing qualification/ knowledge in Procurement and or Logistics (e.g. Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply OF Chartered Institute of Logistics).
- At least 15 years post-graduation work experience in Procurement and Logistics out of which 6 years must be in the oil and gas industry. Trained in business negotiation.
- Develop and apply cost modeling concept: Knowledge.
- Develop and apply Ghana’s Public Procurement processes and procedures: Knowledge.
- Develop and apply Procurement Systems: Knowledge.
- Develop and apply Procurement strategy: Awareness.
- Develop and manage Suppliers, Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers: Awareness.
- Analyze industry, local & global market: Knowledge.
- Demand Management: Knowledge.
- Develop category/ Project strategies: Knowledge.
- Formulate sourcing strategy & tactics: Skill.
- Manage sourcing process in line with Act 663, (2003), and as amended: Skill.
- Develop and apply negotiation strategies: Skill.
- Develop and monitor contracts: Skill.
- Deliver contract value: Awareness.
- Develop and apply supply chain concepts: Awareness.
- Computer literacy - good PC skills. Experience in using ERP system using system desirable.
- Communication-Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage stress and work under pressure.
- Ability to build and motivate teams to achieve goals.
- Personal qualities – team player, good use of initiative and ability to plan, prioritize and deliver within set guidelines.
Interested applicants should submit their applications, indicating the position being applied for, by e-mail with Curriculum Vitae, Application letter, contact telephone numbers and e-mail address to:
Email address: email@example.com
The Office of the Chief Executive Officer
Ghana National Gas Company
P.O. Box CT 3686
Cantonments, Accra - Ghana
Tel: +233 (0)30 274 4224