Chief Executive Officer
Assistant Legal Manager
Senior Legal Officer
Shall oversee and identify emerging legal issues within the Company and advise senior management accordingly. Represent Ghana Gas in all civil litigation and other legal matters, oversee the drafting or review of commercial and other agreements and ensure the Company is in compliance with corporate governance requirements and internal policies.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Contract Negotiation & Drafting
- Participate in contract negotiations and advise Senior Management on the legal implications of proposed contractual terms.
- Prepare contractual instruments to support various business activities.
- Advise on the necessary checklists to be adopted to ensure that business transactions executed conform to required standards.
- Statutory, Regulatory & Contractual Compliance
- Review and formulate compliance checklists for purposes of ensuring that relevant information required for statutory, regulatory and contractual compliance by respective departments is provided accordingly.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations and advise Senior Management accordingly.
- Legal Risk
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
- Track and report on the high risk legal issues arising from potential/existing contracts/agreements, litigation, changes in relevant legislations and provide timely advice on mitigating actions to safeguard the Company’s interests.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Corporate Policy Development
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies and provide continuing legal counsel and guidance on the legal implications of corporate policies and procedures.
- Management of Litigation & Outside Counsel
- Develop a strategy for litigation and regulatory proceedings.
- Represent the company in court, arbitration and other quasi-judicial proceedings.
- Manage external legal counsel.
- Administrative Duties
- Build the Legal Team, provide continuous leadership, supervision, training and development of staff, and put effective structures in place to ensure a motivated team and optimum utilization of resources.
- Prepare reports for management and Board as and when required.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer from time to time.
- Must hold an LLB with an advanced degree from a recognized tertiary institution and fully be qualified to practice law in Ghana.
- Minimum of Fifteen (15) years relevant post-call experience at a law firm or law department of a body corporate or organisation.
- Experience in negotiating various transactional agreements.
- Experience in executing various commercial transactions.
- Familiarity with national/international Oil and Gas regulations, legislation, public policy.
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical abilities.
- Management skills.
- Negotiation and administrative skills.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Result orientated and demonstrate the ability to analyse situations and make timely decisions.
Interested applicants should submit their applications, indicating the position being applied for, by e-mail with Curriculum Vitae, Application letter, contact telephone numbers and e-mail address to:
Email address: email@example.com
The Office of the Chief Executive Officer
Ghana National Gas Company
P.O. Box CT 3686
Cantonments, Accra - Ghana
Tel: +233 (0)30 274 4224