Chief Executive Officer
Senior Manager Finance,
Management & Planning Accountant
Shall be responsible for the effective management of all financial activities of the Company, including fulfilling statutory and regulatory obligations. In addition, will act as a strategic business partner to the CEO, playing a proactive role in the future development of the Company. As a key member of the management team, the Head of Finance is expected to make significant contribution to the Commercial, Financial and Human Resource affairs of the Company at both strategic and operational levels.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Advise the CEO and the Board of Directors on financial strategy and its impact on company objectives.
- Provide input into the Company objectives with clear and logical analysis of whether they are feasible and realistic given the current and projected financial situation.
- Ensure the preparation of annual financial returns including tax returns, financial statements and any other legislative requirements on reporting and disclosures.
- Provide strong leadership to the finance team, taking full responsibility for all aspect of the company’s financial direction and management.
- Oversee the timely and accurate submission of management reporting, to inform timely and effective business decisions.
- Assist CEO and the Commercial Division in sourcing prospects for the future income by analyzing financial trends and any gaps in the market or potential opportunities.
- Provide cost basis to assist Commercial division on pricing decisions.
- Manage all external financial relationships with external auditors, tax consultants, bankers and regulators.
- Play a key role in the financial, human resource and strategic planning function of the company
- Oversee and lead the annual budgeting process.
- Mange periodic reviews of financial performance and trend analysis as well as address deviations.
- Ensure that all financial matters are in accordance with legislation and ethical accounting best practices and complies with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure the prudent management of Company investments, capital reserves and advice on dividend declaration and payments.
- Establish financial internal controls for the Company.
- Support External Auditors for completion of yearly audit.
- Oversee the overall direction and alignment of the use of Information Technology (IT) to achieve Company’s objectives.
- Provide direction and leadership to the finance team and participate in personnel development at all levels through talent acquisition, performance management, providing opportunity for high performance, education, communication, expectation setting and self-actualization.
- Develop a good understanding of oil and gas technical accounting, IFRS, Statutory and Regulatory reporting.
- Apply Value Management Concepts and Techniques Value Framework and associated value measures (VBM) to assist business decision making to maximize shareholder value.
- Put in place measures to provide revenue assurance and integrity on the financial figures and establish effective credit controls.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by CEO from time to time.
Design, implement and lead policy directions in all areas under the under the Finance functions and as determined by the CEO from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Accounting or Finance, plus a Professional Accountancy Certification (CA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA) and an MBA in Finance.
- 15years with at least 5years in senior managerial role.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with modern Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is required.
- Demonstrated experience in financial reporting under International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Familiarity with management IT infrastructure and projects.
- Demonstrated consulting and ability to negotiate and influence at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrate understanding of procurement and contracting and contract management.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and result-orientation.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and ability to exercise strong judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Able to work under pressure and strict deadlines.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills as well as good planning and organizational skills.
Interested applicants should submit their applications, indicating the position being applied for, by e-mail with Curriculum Vitae, Application letter, contact telephone numbers and e-mail address to:
Email address: email@example.com
The Office of the Chief Executive Officer
Ghana National Gas Company
P.O. Box CT 3686
Cantonments, Accra - Ghana
Tel: +233 (0)30 274 4224